Thursday, June 10, 2010

EuropaPark

With 2 full weeks of school vacation for Easter, skiing for a week in Austria and the weekend in the mountains of Switzerland at the ward Osterlager just weren't enough.  So, we spent two days at EuropaPark, an amazing amusement park in the Black Forest of Germany!
EuropaPark is in Rust, Germany, less than 2 hours drive from Zürich.  The different areas of the park represent different European countries, and there is a parade through the park with people dressed in typical dress of each of the countries.  We stayed overnight at a hotel just across the street from the park, and had a great weekend.
 
The park was great since they had rides for both old and young.  I went on a water rollercoaster with Elise, the first real rollercoaster I had been on since before I had kids, and now I remember why I think they are so scary!  Dave and Elise went on the Russian rollercoaster, which they thought was great.  And the boys had fun on lots of different rides.  They also had some excellent shows - better than most amusement parks we've visited.  Elise, Will and I even got our faces painted!  We'll definitely be going back!

No comments: