Tuesday, June 22, 2010

ICS International Festival 2010

One of the most fun events of the year at the kids' school is the International Festival.  This year definitely did not disappoint!  It was held on Saturday, June 12, and we all had a great time.  Elise, Nathan and William all marched in the parade, clad in American flag shirts.  I searched all over for American logo clothing and couldn't find anything.  I thought with the World Cup I would be able to find something, but it seems that no one in Switzerland (or dare I say Europe) is all that interested in the US soccer team!  So, I ended up buying white t-shirts and iron-on transfer paper.  Then I found flag designs on the computer and printed them out on the transfer paper.  My projects turned out quite well if I do say so myself!

Elise performed with the choir, and we all enjoyed the various food booths from so many different countries. At the American booth, Dave bought Nate and Will an A&W Rootbeer - and they both asked what is was! They didn't really like it - too spicy! They did like the American fruit roll-ups, though! And all the food from Argentina, Sweden, India, South Africa, England, and so many other places was amazing. This year we also found a very fun event - the dunking machine! Teachers volunteered to be dunked, and both Nathan and William successfully dunked a teacher. What fun!
This event really represents how diverse the community at ICS is - it's really inspiring to see and gratifying to be a part of it.

No comments: