Wednesday, June 30, 2010

End of School Year 2009-10

I can't believe Elise is finishing 4th grade (and will be the oldest of the primary school next year), and Nathan is finishing EY2 preschool and will be moving into Kindergarten next year.  Where does the time go?  Elise's class went to the local pool for their end-of-year party, and she and her friends jumped off the 5-meter board!  Very brave!  Back at the classroom they decorated t-shirts for the 4 kids in their class who are moving (Sarah, Zofia, Rob and Sahej).
 Nathan's class was supposed to have a picnic at a local lake (I am one of the class parents and had helped to organize it), but the picnic was moved to the classroom at the last minute because of rain!
Mrs Harman, Nathan's teacher
Mrs. Cameron, Nathan's teaching assistant
 William's class party was the potluck at the end of his sports day the week before.  Will had tried out EY1 for a few weeks at the end of this school year to see if that was the right cohort for him (since his birthday is August 15, just 2 weeks before the cut-off).  His teachers raved about him and what a smart and confident little boy he is, but they also said he could do very well as the oldest in the class.  After a lot of thought, we decided to let him be one of the oldest in his class, so he will be in the new EY1 class this fall.  He is really excited to be the oldest in his class, and I'm really excited for him.  He's not very big, and I think always being the youngest (no matter how smart and confident he is now), would be tough.  I'm looking forward to a great year for him in EY1 next year!

I can only say that I love the kids' school!  It's a private school, and I definitely see what you get for the tuition.  We are fortunate to have the kids enrolled there.  So many great opportunities!

No comments: