Monday, December 8, 2008

A Weekend in London!

In mid-November I went to London with 7 other women from our church congregation! They had planned this "girls' weekend" before I moved here, and were so nice to invite me to come along. It was a short, but jam-packed, weekend! Saturday we went to a big outdoor market then split up to go sightseeing around the city (we saw the Tower of London, the London Bridge, Big Ben, Kensington Palace and St. Paul's cathedral). We did some shopping (it was fun to have English books so readily available) and then met up again for a nice lunch. After a bit more sightseeing and shopping in the afternoon (including my stop at the Molton Brown store - now a favorite since Sabrina Fabris introduced me to it), we went to see the show "Wicked". It was an amazing show. On Sunday we had a chance to visit the Courtauld Gallery (a small museum with some great Impressionist paintings and amazing descriptions), and also the National Gallery at Trafalgar Square (it's amazing how peaceful a museum is when you don't have any kids with you!). before flying back to Zurich Sunday afternoon. As I said, a very short trip, but a lot of fun!
While I was gone, Dave and the kids had a fun weekend - going to the Zurich zoo! And, somehow everyone was happy and the house was all neat and tidy when I got home - how does he manage that?

No comments: