Friday, December 26, 2008

Our Little Gymnast

Our due date is just over 2 weeks away, and right now (hopefully), the baby is in the correct position.
At my 28-week appointment, my doctor said the baby was in a head-up / breech position, but she still had time to turn. If she didn't turn, we would need to do a C-section. So, I received lots of suggestions from friends and acquaintances as to how I could get the baby to turn (some of which I tried, many of which I did not!). And, at my 32-week appointment, the baby had turned! That was great news, and we were happy to plan on a normal delivery.
Then, at my 35-week appointment, the baby had turned back. So, now it was very late, and the doctor said it was unlikely the baby would turn because there wasn't much space to move around in there any more! The doctor suggested we schedule a C-section for the week of Jan. 5th - but we'd give it two more weeks to see if anything changed. Well, I tried some of the friend-suggested methods (specifically putting headphones with classical music low on my stomach where I wanted the head to be). I was pretty sure the baby hadn't turned, so Dave and I decided on Jan. 6th, planned everything out, and went to the 37-week appointment. She turned!
What a little gymnast she is. So, now (unless she has turned back again), we're not scheduling a C-section, but we'll just see when she wants to come! If she's like my other kids who have come naturally, she'll be late...we'll see how long these maternity clothes still fit!

No comments: