Hooray! I passed the Zertifikat Deutsch test. Actually, I not only passed, but I got 95%! Zertifikat Deutsch is the test that demonstrates proficieny in the German language (one needs to take this test to become a citizen of Germany or Switzerland). I've been taking private German lessons since we moved here, and I've learned a lot, but this language is really hard! I decided I needed to set this goal for myself in 2010 in order to push me to progress further. I studied a lot, but it really helped me to improve. You need 60% to pass, and after the test I knew I had done really well on the reading, listening, and writing sections, but I had made mistakes on the oral exam. I was worried that I wouldn't get 60% on the oral! Well, when my results came last week, I had gotten 95.5% on the reading/listing/writing, and 94.5% on the oral! Not bad. I still have much more to learn - I'm thinking about taking the next level in 2011.
When I told the kids, Elise's response was that I had studied too much. Nathan's response was "Oh, Mom. You almost got it - you only needed 5 more points to get 100. Next time study just a little bit more and you can get 100." Hmmm...I wonder where he gets that perfectionist trait?
Sunday, August 15, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Congratulations Nancy
Post a Comment