Sunday, September 27, 2009

Such Great Kids!

Today was the primary program at church, and Nathan and Elise did such a great job! First, we walked into the chapel and on every other seat was the primary program, with the cover picture drawn by Elise.
Nathan is in Sunbeams, the youngest class in primary, and he was so cute sitting up in front. He held up signs, pictures, and shook musical instruments for the various songs. At one point in the program, each member of his class was supposed to step up the microphone and say their part. They're small, and some of the kids needed a lot of help from the teacher. But, Nathan stepped right up, his teacher whispered a question to him and I heard him answer "German", then he said so clearly into the microphone, "Ich bin ein Kind von Gott!" Wow! He was so proud... And I can't tell you how many compliments I received about what a great job he did (and what a handsome little boy he is)!
Then when it was time for Elise's class, Elise stepped up to the microphone and gave her talk about Noah - in German with perfect pronunciation. I was so impressed. She had written the talk herself a few weeks before, and had done a great job. And the German was amazing - people were telling us later how they couldn't believe she didn't go to a German-speaking school (she does have German class every day in school, but the rest of the day is in English). Then, to our surprise, Elise also played the piano in the program. I noticed that she was sitting at the piano, and she accompanied the entire primary for one of the songs! It was so great. She got so many compliments afterwards - one of our friends told us what a great pianist she is, and how he looked over expecting to see a lady in our ward playing the piano, and it was Elise!
It was so fun to see the kids doing their parts in the program, so confident and happy. William is in kindergarten (nursery) now, but next year he'll be in the program too. I'm so grateful for the gospel of Jesus Christ and for the church organization that gives us all an opportunity to learn from and teach one another. And I'm especially thankful today for the primary that help these kids to know they are children of Heavenly Father and that by following Jesus Christ we can all be happy in this life and be with our families for eternity.

No comments: